Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Heart-shaped pot holders

It's the month of LOOOOVE!!! And how I LOVE, love! You know what I love just as much as love??? The color purple! All shades of it. I've been embracing my purpleness lately and have been creating a LOT of purple! And I love it. ;) 

I also love signing up for newsletters.  One of the newsletters that I signed up for sent me an ADORABLE project for heart-shaped pot holders. I Love hearts. And I love NOT getting burnt when I take hot things out of the oven... right?

You know what else I love??? Meetup groups. I love getting together with friends to do whatever it is I signed up to do, whether it's going to the park, sewing, walking, book-club, wine club, etc. 

So this month, I combined some of my loves: Love, talking, purple, newsletter, sewing, meetup group. And combining all those wonderful things, we got our sewing group together, "SA Sew Addicted," and created pot-holders: Heart-shaped! of course. ;)



Look at how adorable these things are!! Guess which one is mine??? Did you say, "the PURPLE one?!" That's right! You know me so well...lol And the super cute red & pink one is my friend Nichole's. They all really turned out so freaking cute! 

The original pattern came from the Purl Bee.  It is so very easy to follow, and takes less than an hour to make. Well...it should take less than an hour to make if you are actually making them and not chatting, running around, and having machine troubles, (eh Nichole?) ;P

If you happen to make some of these cuties, please share!! I would love to see all the fabric combinations. 

And if you haven't already done so, make sure to visit the Ribbon Carousel blog and submit your "Love-inspired" creation for a chance to win a Ribbon Carousel of your very own!!!

Thanks for visiting,
Valerie, Hiding out! ;D

1 comment: